Start your educational journey in Germany. happy news IMB International Ph.D. program is now accepting applications. We’ll go over the advantages of this scholarship and the detailed application instructions in this post.
A fully financed scholarship is available to overseas candidates under the IMB International Ph.D. Program 2023–2024. The costs of lodging and transportation are covered by this program.
IMB International Ph.D. International students can enroll in the program and pursue a Ph.D. in Mainz, Germany. The International Ph.D. Program (IPP) offers gifted and motivated students the opportunity to pursue a Ph.D. at the cutting edge of modern biology. Program initiatives address significant challenges related to the overarching themes of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics, and Genome Stability.
Our organizations offer a broad range of expertise in applied physics, biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, and systems biology. You can research with us using CRISPR/Cas, NGS, gene network modeling, mass spectrometry, or super-resolution microscopy. The Institute of Molecular Biology, a recently founded center of excellence in the biological sciences, oversees the program. Organizations taking part are located at:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): IMB
- Study in: Mainz, Germany
- Deadline: April 19, 2023 / November 26, 2023
- Courses Offered:
- Systems biology
- Applied Physics
- Cell and developmental biology
The IMB International Ph.D. covers the costs of lodging and travel. Program.
Eligibility Criteria for IMB International Ph.D. Program
Candidates must meet each of the prerequisites listed below in order to be eligible for the IMB International Ph.D. Program:
- Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Information on any further post-graduate degrees, honors, prizes, or distinctions (description of no more than 250 words).
- Information about a study abroad research trip (if any).
- Information about previous research experiences.
- A list of your publications (in PubMed style, with no more than 300 words) and conference contributions (including the title of the presentation and the conference’s date and place).
- Which groups—up to five may be chosen—you are interested in working with? Note that not all groups participate in every request for projects.
- A 300-word maximum motivating statement outlining your interest in the IPP, the organizations you picked, as well as your scientific objectives.
The following PDF files will need to be uploaded, according to the request:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– A certificate from an English language exam, if one is available (not required).
– High school certificate (if available).
How to Apply for IMB International Ph.D. Program?
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the crucial instructions below:
- Online registration from here.
Register online by providing at least two referees’ information as well as your contact information. Senior scientists who are group heads or professors at a university or research organization should serve as referees. These officials ought to be familiar with you.
- Online application form.
You will receive an email with a link to your customized online application form as soon as you register. This link is included at the conclusion of a how-to application tutorial. You must provide the required information and documentation in the application form.
We highly urge you to gather the relevant data before starting because the form cannot be saved. The form can then have texts placed into it as needed. The application has to be written entirely in English.
- Interview days.
From June 24 to June 26, 2021, interviews will be held in Mainz with about 25 to 30 shortlisted candidates. Three days will be allotted for the interviews, which will involve presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews with the group(s) you could see working with. The IPP pays for lodging and travel expenses, including international travel.
Please visit the official website to learn more about the IMB International Ph.D. Program: