The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship is now accepting applications. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive overview of this scholarship, including its benefits and a step-by-step guide on the application process.
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship available to international students. It is offered to support master’s and doctoral research studies. The scholarship provides several financial benefits to the recipients, including:
- Annual Living Allowance: Successful applicants will receive an annual living allowance of $36,800. This amount is intended to support the students’ day-to-day living expenses throughout their studies.
- Relocation Allowance: Additionally, a relocation allowance of $550 is provided to assist with the costs associated with moving to the research location. This allowance helps students settle into their new environment and covers some of the initial expenses.
- Research Allowance: The scholarship also includes a research allowance of $1,500 per annum. This allowance is specifically allocated to support the research activities of the scholars, including expenses related to data collection, equipment, conference attendance, and other research-related costs.
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship (SJMN) is a prestigious scholarship funded by a private trust in memory of Sir James McNeill, who had a strong affiliation with Monash University. This scholarship aims to support research projects that are environmentally responsible and socially beneficial. It provides financial assistance to students to cover their living expenses while studying at Monash University.
Monash University is a renowned public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. The university was established in 1958 and is named after Sir John Monash, a prominent general from World War I.
Monash University, located in Victoria, Australia, is the second oldest university in the state. The university operates multiple campuses, including Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville, all situated within Victoria. These campuses offer a wide range of academic programs and facilities to cater to diverse fields of study.
In addition to its Victorian campuses, Monash University has a presence in other countries as well. The university has a campus in Malaysia, providing international students with opportunities to pursue their studies in a vibrant multicultural setting. Furthermore, Monash University has established a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, offering students and scholars a unique European learning experience. The university also operates a graduate research school in Mumbai, India, and a graduate school in Suzhou, China, expanding its global reach and fostering cross-cultural collaborations.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
- Program Period: Scholarship is available for the normal duration of the study.
- Deadline: October 31, 2023 (annual)
This scholarship provides many benefits.
- Annual living allowance: $36,800.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
To meet the English language requirements for general programs at Monash University, applicants are expected to achieve an overall score of 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with no individual band score lower than 6.0. Alternatively, for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), a minimum score of 79 is required, with the following section requirements: Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18, and Writing 21.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- Field of Study: Each field of study may have specific qualifications and requirements for admission. It is advisable to refer to the official Monash University website or contact the relevant faculty or department for detailed information pertaining to your specific field of study.
- Equivalent Qualifications: Applicants must possess qualifications that are considered equivalent by the Monash University Graduate Research Committee (GRC). This ensures that applicants from different educational backgrounds are given fair consideration.
- Scholarship Assessment Criteria: Scholarships for research master’s programs are awarded based on the applicant’s academic record, research output, and prior research experience. These factors contribute to the overall assessment of the applicant’s potential to excel in research.
- Applicants for the Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship should not have previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months. This criterion ensures that scholarship opportunities are primarily allocated to new and deserving candidates who have not already benefited extensively from government or university-funded research awards.
- Current Year Scholarship Application: To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must submit a scholarship application in the current year. The specific application process and deadlines may vary, so it is recommended to refer to the official Monash University website for detailed instructions.
How to Apply;
In order to apply for a research master’s program at Monash University, it is important to follow the application instructions outlined below:
- Expression of Interest and Supervisor: Prior to submitting your application, you are required to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who is willing to supervise your research. This step may vary depending on the faculty or institute you are applying to.
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship: To begin the application process, visit the Monash University website and click on the “Apply Now” button to register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship.
- Online Application: Fill out all sections of the online application form. Detailed explanations for each section can be found on the website, guiding you through the process.
- Scholarship Consideration: Within the application form, indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. There is no need to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
- Complete the Application: Provide accurate and up-to-date information throughout the application form. Ensure that you have included all required documents and relevant details.
- Review and Submission: Carefully review your application to check for any errors or omissions. Once you are satisfied with your application, submit it through the online system as per the instructions provided.
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificates,
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Also, read Raydon Graduate Research Scholarships 2024