The Korean government is delighted to announce the Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship for 2023. The Fully Funded GKS-U Scholarship is offered by the Korean Government and it warmly welcomes international students who want to undergo undergraduate degrees in Korea. The advertisement for Undergraduates is issued now, but the Graduates’ admissions will open in Feb 2023. Formally known as the Korean Government Scholarship, GKS will offer 200 Undergraduate Scholarships in 2023 to pursue education in South Korean Universities. The scholarship promises to cover all the expenses.
All international applicants regardless of their nationality from any country are eligible for the scholarship. The GKS Scholarship requires no application fee. The Global Korea Scholarship program is applicable to almost all universities in South Korea. You can accomplish an Associate’s Degree in addition to a bachelor’s Degree. The complete procedure and all details about the Global Korea GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 are available here.
Also Check Scholarships in Austria
Details About Global Korea GKS Scholarship 2023
- Country: South Korea
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for global students. All the expenses will be afforded by the Korean Government.
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Stipend
- Language Courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Exceptional Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Funding
- Printing Expenses
- Accomplishment Grant
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Medical Insurance
- Associate Degree: 1 year of the Korean language course + 2-3 years of the academic degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree: 1 year of the Korean language course + 4-6 years of the degree program.
Available Universities and Disciplines
- All fields of study offered by GKS holding universities are available.
- Academic programs available in the evenings (night school), short-term programs, and online and distant learning programs are not available in this scholarship program.
- All applicants and their parents should not be Korean citizens.
- Dual nationality holders (one having Korean and another country citizenship) can not apply.
Also Check MBA Scholarships for Women
Level of Education:
- Bachelor’s applicants must be graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school or from an associate degree program.
- The associate degree applicants who graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school are eligible.
- Applicants who are likely to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If the applicants are nominated in the final round of selection, a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) must be submitted by February 28, 2023
- The score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ordered within the top 20% in the class.
- CGPA must be at least 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
Also, Check 25 Best Masters Scholarships
The Upper age limit to be eligible is 25 years (born after March 1, 1998).
- Application Form
- Study Plan
- One letter of Recommendation
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of citizenship (applicant & parents) and evidence of family relations
- High School Graduation Certificate (or hope certificate of graduation)
- Academic transcript of the high school curriculum
- Graduation certificate (or hope certificate of graduation) of the associate degree program
- Personal Statement
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Academic transcript of associate degree
- Proof of Overseas Korean Document
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
Also Check ECMC Foundation USA Scholarships 2023
The deadline date to apply for the GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 is different for different countries. All applicants must confirm the deadline for application by contacting their relevant embassy or chosen university directly.
How to Apply?
Fill out the Online Application Form carefully.