If you are interested to get your education in the Netherlands, we have a great chance for you as the University of Leiden Excellence scholarship is open nowadays. Here, we will give you details about the University of Leiden Excellence Scholarship: its advantages and complete application process.
For international students, Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is a tuition fees master’s scholarship for the session 2023-2024. This excellence scholarship provides an average amount of € 15,000 each year.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is given to all international students who want to get their master’s degree at the University of Leiden Netherlands. These excellence scholarships are fully funded and awarded to students with excellent academic records.
The number and type of award of the scholarship rely on the budget available for each Faculty department. Leiden University was established in 1575 and is among one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
The University has seven faculties in the fields of sciences, arts, and social sciences. The University has almost 6,700 staff members and almost 28,130 students registered here.
Details About Leiden University Scholarship:
- Country: Netherlands.
- University: Leiden University.
- Degree level: Master.
- Available Courses: All Masters Programs in the following fields: Humanities, Archaeology, Medicine/LUMC, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Governance, and Global Affairs, and many others mentioned on the official website.
- Duration: For a 1-year program (12 months). For a 2-year program (24 months).
- Deadline: 1st Feb for the program starting from 1st Sept and 1st Oct for the program starting from 1st Feb
Advantages of Scholarship:
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship will provide the candidates with the following advantages:
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fees excluding the statutory tuition fees
To be eligible for a Leiden University Excellence Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA international students.
- Student must have excellent academic result in previous relevant education for the program in which student wants to enroll.
- Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s program to which they are being applied.
- The student will hold another passport than an EU/EEA passport. The Student is not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans. This does not apply to the Advanced Masters; application for the scholarship for this program is open for students of all nationalities.
- Continuation of the scholarship is not guaranteed if a student changes his or her degree program during the study program. Application Requests will be reviewed and the final decision will be taken by the Faculty Selection Committee. In case, if the change is before the student has registered for the study program, the scholarship will be canceled and the student will have to re-apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is only given for the period; the student is registered at Leiden University as a full-time student within the duration of the study program.
- The scholarship is given for the academic year as written in the decision letter and cannot be transferred to another academic year or to the next intake within the same academic year. If a student has been given a grant for the September (or February) intake and decides to postpone his/her participation in the study program, the scholarship will be canceled. Application requests will be reviewed again and the final decision will be taken by the Faculty Selection Committee.
- The student is not allowed to get any additional full scholarship for the same program, in the case of partial scholarships, where this has to be confirmed in writing in advance. If another full scholarship is being accepted for the student, he must inform the university.
- For a program longer than one year, the student is required to get a minimum of 60 ECTS in the first year of study to retain the right to get the scholarship.
- The student must fulfill Dutch visa regulations.
- The Leiden University scholarship is not given to students admitted to a second Master’s degree program at Leiden University, except for students applying for a Master’s program for which a specified previous Master’s program or work experience is required.
- In case of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the academic year, inform the university as soon as possible.
- During the study at Leiden University, the student will take an active part in co-curricular activities.
- The student has to accept the scholarship by filling out the ‘Acceptance Form’.
Also Check Fully/Partially Funded USA Scholarships 2023
How to Apply?
Please follow the below instructions to get this Leiden University Excellence Scholarship:
- Apply to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, mention that you want to apply for the scholarship.
- Carefully upload your motivation letter according to the instructions. (Max 500 words)
- Submit your application form online before the application deadline to get the scholarship.
- If you want to apply for more than one study program and want to apply for a scholarship for each, mention this clearly in each application and upload a scholarship motivation letter for each.
To get more information, please visit: