Now it’s time to apply for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship as applications are open now. If you are willing to get an education in New Zealand, so do not miss this chance. In this article, you will get complete detail about scholarships, their advantages, eligibility criteria, and about the application process.
For international students, the university of Otago scholarship is fully funded for the academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship will offer you a stipend of NZ$ 28,600 annually along with your tuition fees waiver for 36 months (except insurance and student services fees).
The University of Otago offers scholarships to international students who want to pursue their Ph.D. degree at Otago University, New Zealand for the session 2023-2024.
also check Swiss Government Scholarships 2023
The University Council of the University of Otago awards Doctoral students (recommended by the senate) getting a course of supervised doctoral study at this University. These scholarships are offered only to students working to obtain their first doctoral qualification. Students may get only one fully funded scholarship at the University of Otago.
The Doctoral Scholarship is open for students getting their Ph.D. degree in any available field at the University of Otago. But the student should meet all the eligibility criteria to get a chance to receive the scholarship.
About the University of Otago Scholarship:
- Country: New Zealand.
- University: University of Otago.
- Degree Level: P.hD. (Doctoral), Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd).
- Available fields: courses
- Duration of program: One year.
- The Total number of scholarships: annually 200 scholarships.
- Deadline: no deadline given (Can apply anytime).
Advantages of Scholarship:
- This scholarship program will offer you a stipend of NZ$ 28,600 annually along with your tuition fees waiver for 36 months.
- For Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd), this scholarship program offers a stipend of up to NZ$28,600 annually and a tuition fee waiver for about 36 months. (Excludes student services fees and insurance).
The student should meet all the eligibility criteria to get a chance to receive the scholarship. Below is the list of criteria that must be fulfilled by the student to get a scholarship.
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world.
- Students must have completed their Master’s degree by papers and thesis. Additionally, all relevant advanced level papers grades contributing towards the degree and the thesis are relevant.
- However, for applicants having their previous qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using the formula it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades given on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
- Potential or any record of research done by students.
- The recommendation letter of the relevant Head of Department.
- Local as well as international students may apply for Doctoral Scholarships at Otago University. However, international students will get the scholarship at the country’s local rate.
How to Apply?
If you want to apply for the University of Otago scholarship, you have to follow the following procedure:
- Students can apply for the Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago through the online portal: Apply.
- When you have applied for admission to the program of your choice, you will get an alert in your student portal to apply for a scholarship.
- For more information and detail about this scholarship, please visit the official website of the university of Otago.