The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship is currently accepting applications for the 2024-2025 academic year. This fellowship program provides funding for international female students who are pursuing a Ph.D. or postdoctoral studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Financial Support: The fellowship offers a maximum value of USD 50,000 per year for Ph.D. students and USD 40,000 per year for postdoctoral students. This funding is intended to cover tuition fees, living expenses, research costs, and other related expenses.
Renewable Funding: The fellowship is renewable throughout the duration of the recipient’s studies, provided satisfactory academic progress is maintained.
Global Network: Fellows become part of a vibrant community of scholars and professionals, gaining access to networking opportunities, mentorship, and collaborations within their field of study.
Leadership Development: The Schlumberger Foundation provides additional support for leadership development and skill-building activities to enhance the fellows’ professional growth and career prospects. These fellowships enable them to pursue Ph.D. or postdoctoral research in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at renowned universities around the globe.
The program aims to create an environment that encourages more women to pursue scientific careers by addressing the obstacles they often encounter when entering STEM disciplines. Ultimately, the program seeks to minimize the gender gap in these fields.
- Level of Study: Ph.D. (Doctoral) / Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Leading universities worldwide
- Study in: Any Country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Biology
- Deadline: November 11, 2023
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships offer recipients a range of benefits to support their academic and professional pursuits. Here are the key benefits provided by the fellowship:
- Financial Support: The fellowship provides funding based on the actual costs of eligible expenses. For Ph.D. students, the maximum financial support is up to USD 50,000 per year, while for postdoctoral students, it is up to USD 40,000 per year.
- This funding can be utilized to cover various expenses associated with the recipient’s studies, including tuition fees, research costs, living expenses, and other related expenditures.
To be eligible for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships, candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Gender and Citizenship: Applicants must be female and citizens of a developing country or emerging economy. If a candidate holds dual citizenship, one of which is from a developed country, they are not eligible to apply.
- Academic Pursuit: Candidates should be preparing for a Ph.D. degree or postdoctoral research in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). However, the program only funds interdisciplinary research in biological sciences that bridges physical and biological sciences.
- Host University/Research Institute: Applicants must be enrolled, admitted, or have applied to a reputable host university or research institute abroad. It is important to note that applications will not be accepted if the candidate has not yet applied to a university.
- Academic Excellence: Candidates should possess an excellent academic record to be considered for the fellowship.
- Teaching Experience: Applicants must have a proven track record of teaching experience or demonstrate a commitment to teaching.
- Faculty Life and Outreach: Candidates should demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women to pursue careers in the sciences.
- Commitment to Socio-Economic Development: Applicants must express a willingness to contribute to the socio-economic development of their home country and region. This can be achieved by strengthening their home universities’ faculties, pursuing relevant research, or utilizing their expertise to address public policy matters.
How to Apply for Schlumberger Foundation;
Follow these instructions.
- Create your own account.
- Students Validate your account from a verification message sent to your e-mail, check your e-mail.
- Login to your account.
- Press ”Your Application” for 2023.
- Applicants Complete your online application form and attach the required documents, then Submit.
Also, read Auburn University Scholarships, USA 2023